carrots and rice

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

tinas1234

carrots and rice

Post by tinas1234 »

I recently saw an episode called "Bella" and Victoria said to give the dog rice and carrots 2 hours after their normal meal. Can someone enlighten me about this? Do I cook the carrots or give them raw? How much is enough? Anything else you can think of.

Thanks!
tinas1234

Re: carrots and rice

Post by tinas1234 »

The Episode was "Make Room For Baby" where the dog has some aggression issues and she indicates to the owner to give rice and carrots 2 hours after a normal meal because it contains L-tryptophan. I did read in another post viewtopic.php?t=3588 about it, but it does not still indicate whether the carrots are cooked and how much to give.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Rupe comes charging down the stairs when he hears me getting the carrots out. I swear he knows the sound the bag makes coz he certainly doesn't charge down the stairs when I get potatoes or anything else out. I don't cook them, just wash them off and chop the ends off before handing them to him whole. No idea on why or how they were used in the show though so can't help there.
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I also can't comment on the episode, as I haven't seen in, but like Sarah, I give raw carrots to Striker and Bibi
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams