gunge

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

gunge

Post by meggit »

is this anything to worry about, i was giving buddy a good belly rub and noticed some green gunge comming out of his "bits" i cleaned it away and he didnt object so its not sore hes not having problems weeing so should i worry or not
Leigha

Re: gunge

Post by Leigha »

Bruiser had some yellow-ish white gunk coming out of his a while ago and I googled it. I think my search term was "yellow-ish discharge from dog's penis." It turns the yellow-ish stuff is called smegma and is normal, but that if it's green it might be caused by bacterial growth that can be cleared up with antibiotics. Don't know how correct the info is or not.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Some dogs clean themselves and some don't. If they don't, we have to, so gently bathe in a little warm salt water once a week or when you see gunk.

This comes under the heading of "Things we never thought we'd have to do". If anyone thinks it's :shock: you should see what horse owners have to do.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Nettle wrote: This comes under the heading of "Things we never thought we'd have to do". If anyone thinks it's :shock: you should see what horse owners have to do.
I remember it well. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

:lol: And the best part is that we talk about it as if it's part of everyday life (which it is, but I know some people who will go :shock: do you actually look at your dogs woowoo)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I once asked a man if his dog that he had had for two years was entire (not neutered) and he said he didn't know, he'd never looked :o
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS