chicken wings?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dodge-white boxer

chicken wings?

Post by dodge-white boxer »

Ok-now I ve read a lot that you guys are giving your digs chicken wings/(bones?)? I was always told never to give a dog ckicken bones because they splinter,dodge is not on the raw food diet-can he still have the wings though? He does have raw bones-we get bags from the butcher,which contain pig trotters & ears-he loves them! Is it only cooked chicken bones that are bad? Thanx guys--you ll make a doggie very happy,xxxxx
dodge-white boxer

Re: chicken wings?

Your dogs----not digs :oops: :shock: :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Yep - avoid cooked bones and also avoid bones with no meat on them or even, no meat AND dried out in the sun for a few days....

Fresh raw bones either massive ones wiht a bit of meat on for gnawing on, and smaller ones like wings with a lot of meat on for eating completely are a-ok. My dogs eat them daily as do Nettles and a few others on here now... (and id say hundreds more i know of!)... clean teethies all round too and the dogs love it!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Yup - look at the teethies on the 6 year old dog in my avatar :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
dodge-white boxer

8) need sun glasses!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx a lot guys--told another guy(seen him on walks and he s a friend of a friend :? ) and he s not heard of them being aloud chicken bones(I told him only wings and raw) either--so another happy dog soon,what a result :lol:
thank you,xxxxxxx