Newspaper Toys

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ather

Newspaper Toys

Post by Ather »

So I've just recently got into newspaper toys for Akira, my Shiba Inu. I know he loves to tear stuff apart but for whatever reason it never clicked with me to let him have a go at the old unwanted newspapers I had. My only concern is should I be sticking with normal local papers or is it safe to use those ad coupon and sale things you get in the mailbox that makes it explode? ;) Also is this a toy I should be using while he is supervised only or is it ok for him to have while I am out of the house going to class? He's not a fan of boxes, so I won't be leaving any of those around. I'm trying to think of new ways to keep him busy through out the day when I am not home. He's a super smart dog and gets bored easily. I am just so grateful he has done minor damage while I am been figuring out the best ways to keep him busy with toys!
bendog

Re: Newspaper Toys

Post by bendog »

I use any paper at all. I think so long as they aren't likely to eat it then it won't matter. If he eats it after shredding it then stick to paper without inks and dyes.

Same with being left - I leave mine with them. Because I know they don't eat them. If he eats the paper then perhaps supervise and remove when he's done.
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

I think this is the aim:

Lots of mess, uneaten newspaper and a tired, satisfied, happy pooch :D
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Don't use anything with staples. Other than that, it should be fine.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Ather

Post by Ather »

Thanks guy. Much appreciate for the responses. I'll set up some paper balls with treats in them tomorrow and see how he does :)
amomschoice

Post by amomschoice »

I balled up paper for my 5 month old pup and he loved the game. What are newspaper games ?