Sampson and the sofa

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Re: Sampson and the sofa

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm That looks nice :D Though you do realise he might just have liked it because of the smell of the last dog to try it out? :wink: :lol:
Oh no I didn't think of that , I hope he actually finds them comfy as there very expensive :roll: :?
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:47 pm £240 each! My word! I think £30 is our limit, and recycled duvets are free! :lol:
I know I took a deep breath before buying them but he's worth it , if he uses them :D

I hoping the fact he got that cosy that he didn't want to get up is a good sighn :)
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I think I'd have bought one and saw how he got on with it and whether the filling seemed to hold up well before buying the second. I did spend a lot on our two Orvis beds which were expensive - but nearly four years later they're still as good as new so I haven't regretted it. Of course, Jasper hasn't got as much padding as some dog so needs his comfort... even if he does sleep with his bum on the bed and head & shoulders on the floor :roll:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Bax disembowled his first bed immediatly and i havent gotten him one since :roll:

but i like him up on the couch and hes never shown any inclination to sleep down low even if theres piles of blankets on the floor.

EDIT: it also helps that hes pocket sized so he doesnt take up much room and doesnt object strongly to being asked to budge if we're pressed for space
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

The beds have arrived and Sampson has been using the one in the sofa :D he's not used the others yet... But he isn't bothered by the sofa now as he loves his bed. :D