friend for bax

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Re: friend for bax

Post by Shalista »

Bax update!

he's not perfect but its 100% livable now. He still barks and growls when he hears things sometimes. a full bark and a run to the baby gate at the top of the stairs earns him a time out still but that happens maybe once or twice a week and is manageable. other times he'll hear a thump, growl, start to go to the stairs, and then turn around and come back to me which earns him a potato chunk.

i would def say that time outs weren't a miracle cure. hes not flawless, but its manageable and hes so much calmer and more relaxed now. he spends his days snoozing on the couch and chewing up my mail :roll:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

That's brilliant, Shalista :D You could ask your neighbour to pop her junk mail through your letterbox each day to keep him occupied :idea:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

oh yeah i should! i feel like i should clarify i tots give him my mail. he's allowed to explode it across my living room for me to clean :lol: :roll: :wink:

he especially loves when i get my meds once a month. so many crinkly bags and folded up chunks of paper to gnaw
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13