Dog behaviour courses

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Dog behaviour courses

Post by ZaraD »

Hi

I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea for me to do a course in dog behaviour before getting my Goldie so that I can understand dog behaviour a lot better. As I'm not very good with books , I tend to learn better when someone​ is teaching me like in a classroom if someone is talking about dog behaviour I'd learn and understand a lot better. Just so you know I have no interest in becoming a trainer or behaviourist , this would purley be for my dog so I can train and understand dogs in general before getting one.

What do you think? And can anyone recommend good ones in the UK that would help me understand dogs?

I found this one which looks good, it also teaches how the dominance theroy is wrong and how it's been proven wrong.

https://theiscp.com/product/diploma-course/
emmabeth

Re: Dog behaviour courses

Post by emmabeth »

The course is pretty good but this IS a distance learning course as far as I know and there will be no sitting in a classroom learning, it will all be 'self directed' and via webinars and written assignments.

Do be sure that you can handle that as these courses tend to have a short time frame and no refunds if you are not done within that time frame.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant