HELP!!! Cockapoo Puppy Bad Behaviour - Constant Barking!!!!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

tomhammond

HELP!!! Cockapoo Puppy Bad Behaviour - Constant Barking!!!!

Post by tomhammond »

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any good advice, I was told this forum is where the real experts live....

Our 10 month old cockapoo is really well behaved, friendly and obedient apart from in one situation.

When my wife returns home from work before me and I am not there Pepper (the puppy) will constantly bark at her for attention. Even if she is given attention or picked up (only picked up after 1 hour of constant barking) she will continue to incessantly bark once put down, this usually lasts for 30 mins-2 hours. It can happen at any time when my wife returns home but predominantly happens after work. She is completely obsessed with my wife and will follow her round all day and they definitely have a better bond than what I have with Pepper. When I am in the room she never misbehaves and will stop the barking instantly if I say "No" to her. Any tips would be hugely welcome. I should add that during the week she is taken out for a walk around lunchtime, she stays in her crate in the hours after her walk till we get home. She also sleeps in her crate in our room at night (just adding this in case there are any good tips). We have tried rewarding her with treats when she goes quiet and ignoring her but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Many thanks in advance it is driving us insane so would love some ideas to try?!? :shock:
Fundog

Re: HELP!!! Cockapoo Puppy Bad Behaviour - Constant Barking!!!!

Post by Fundog »

Hi. What is the usual arriving home from work/evening routine for the dog? How does the routine differ from you, versus your wife returning home?
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.