Mad half an hour adult westie

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

B17Fan

Mad half an hour adult westie

Post by B17Fan »

My 5 year old westie still has a mad half hour early in the evening. He steals shoes, pulls his bed out, steal cushions and is quite hyper. He is fed a very good food and gets plenty of exercise. I always thought he would grow out of it, because my older westie stopped being like that before he was a year old. Any advice would be good
Erica

Re: Mad half an hour adult westie

Post by Erica »

What is his daily schedule and what brand of food specifically are you feeding?
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
B17Fan

Re: Mad half an hour adult westie

Post by B17Fan »

He is fed burns. His daily routine is, has breakfast, goes for a 30 minute walk, stays in til about 3pm, then goes for a 20 minute walk. Has his tea about half 5, then I play with him because that is the time he has his mad time. I played with him today and he'll be chewing on his toy, then he'll suddenly jump on the sofa and take a cushion. Even in the summer, we could take him to the beach for the day but then he'll still do that early evening. sometimes you feel a bit tired the end of the day, and then you have to deal with that. He has a skin condition which he is being treated for. I work from home so he has company all day. Plus we have my other westie who he has rough and tumble with. Any advice would be appreciated