He won't shut up!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

He won't shut up!

Post by Shalista »

At first i was excited he was whining to be let out but now he wont shut up! ive walked him, konged him, done training with him, walked him again and he still sits next to me whining. I've banished him from the room and i can still hear him whining in the kitchen! WHAT DOES HE WANT!??!?!?!??! It's been going on for three days. last night i went to bed at 630 just so i could escape him.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Re: He won't shut up!

Post by JudyN »

He's a one, isn't he? :x I can't remember, have you ever tried any herbal calmers/Adaptil?
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

If they don't help him, you could try taking them yourself :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

If they don't help him, you could try taking them yourself :lol:
AHahhaha dont tempt me :lol:

And he tried the Adaptil when he went through his huge barking phase (Thank GOD that's over) but i didnt notice much difference tbh.

I'm tempted to say he's just uncomfortable/adjusting to the increased food + veggies? because he's also been peeing in the house a lot more to. almost every night he gets up, hops off my bed, and pees by the door. I've been trying to set alarms and catch him before he goes but he snuck one off before my alarm even went off. its just odd that he's doing it in his crate. like hes NEVER peed in here before and now hes doing it almost every night. he also peed in a weird spot this morning in the house to O.o

so, TLDR, something is going on with him between the whining and the pottying. He was just at the vets and they said he was skinny but otherwise healthy sooo..... up the play/exercise/training and up the pottying schedule i guess.

EDIT: im gonna kill 2 birds with one stone and try to train him to ring a bell again for pottying. training to tire him AND potty training in one go!
Erica

Post by Erica »

He may have been healthy when he was there, but he wasn't there for increased urination, was he? I would be tempted to take him in if that continues!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

actually i had a bit of an epiphany while driving to pick him up another can of pepperoni flavored cheese whiz. I remembered that hes a bit sensitive to overly processed stuff (he has a stuffed bone brand that he LOVES but he always pees in the house when hes had one) so i'm wondering if its just the kong stuffing ive been squirting in there. I abstained from buying another bottle and we'll see how he does without it.