Obsessive Yorkie

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Tommyboy

Obsessive Yorkie

Post by Tommyboy »

I was searching google on this and heard that Victoria had an episode on this. I think she was helping a weiner dog obsessed with a ball. Does anyone know the episode and where I can find it?

Our Yorkie just gets completly out of whack on certain things. I had to trap a cat to but a bell collar on it, and took the cage into the garage to release the cat. Everytime we open the door into the garage he just goes nuts and will not ease up. Same thing when we play ping pong, he willt track the ball and wait for his chance to pounce on it. We have tried coating the ball with apple bitter spray and while he hates it and can only hold the ball for split second, he keeps at it!

His biggest obsession was Bike Riders. He would just go ballistic! So the good news is we have that issue under control as we found out by accident what he must have wanted. We thought we would get him up and close to a bike and it turns out love to go bike riding! Who knew? Here's a video: http://youtu.be/Km8KSZQEOQw

Anyway, thanks for any guidance.