New here......hi everyone

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MandaS

New here......hi everyone

Post by MandaS »

Hi all,

I am a trainer (motivational force free of course) in East Kent. I'm a member of the Pet Professional Guild and am also a groomer with my own part time business. I got Victoria's book "train your dog positively" for Xmas and am enjoying it very much, I didn't realise there was a forum and have only just found it.

I have been training dogs since I was 11 years old and competing in obedience, agility & breed since then ( I am now 40 something :lol: ) and am always looking for new ideas and new ways of dealing with problems. Unfortunately due to a back injury (horse riding accident) I am a bit restricted on what I can do now & no longer compete with my dogs, but I enjoy helping others train their dogs, dealing with problems and the grooming.

I have always used reward & motivation training as harsher methods just never sat right with me and I wanted my dogs to enjoy what they did. I firmly believe a stressed dog cannot learn and any animal learns quicker if it's fun. We have Bearded Collies (working lines) and working bred cocker spaniels, the oldest of our group is 14 and the youngest just 6 months.

I don't get on my iPad much, but hope to chat with you all and maybe be of some help and definitely learn things too.

Manda
Motivation & Reward stops dogs getting bored :)
Erica

Re: New here......hi everyone

Post by Erica »

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in well here :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Welcome :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
MandaS

Post by MandaS »

Thanks guys. Looking forward to having a look around.

Manda
Motivation & Reward stops dogs getting bored :)
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

Welcome. :)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.