Good morning : ) Back with another BC

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jodieohdoh

Good morning : ) Back with another BC

Post by jodieohdoh »

Morning all,

I'm not strictly new, I've been a member of the forum for a while. I stopped visiting after my lovely dog Fly passed away in 2009. It took me a long while to get over the sadness and make the big decision to adopt another dog.

I'm thirty-*cough* ;-) and I live in the British Isles on a beautiful island off the west coast. I work in insurance 9-5:30 every day, which is part of the reason it took me so long to decide to get another dog - a big commitment and hard if the dog's on his own a lot. I told my other half that as much as I love border collies, we shouldn't get a young one because of the time we'd be out of the house during the day... and he fell in love with a little red-brown 2-year-old border collie called Ruaraidh at the local rescue at the weekend. We discussed it, promised each other we'd make sure he got minimum 2 hours exercise a day, promised each other we'd be consistent and diligent with training, and adopted him.

Today is the first working day he'll be on his own - I've got my computer set up video-recording him to see how he gets on and will pop home at lunchtime to walk him and play with him. He does have access to the back garden by a dog door as well.

I know I've bitten off rather a lot which I may not be able to chew, so any advice on keeping both him and us sane would be warmly welcomed :D

Jo
WufWuf

Re: Good morning : ) Back with another BC

Post by WufWuf »

Hi there and welcome (back) to the forum. :D
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
jodieohdoh

Re: Good morning : ) Back with another BC

Post by jodieohdoh »

Hello! Thanks very much :D