Hello!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lizzie91

Hello!

Post by Lizzie91 »

Hello to all,
Just thought I'd introduce myself! My name is Lizzie and I'm a 21 year old student at Lancaster University in England. I'm a big dog fan, and remember watching Victoria when her show aired in England a few years ago. I was drawn back here just recently as my little dog Bertie (who we'd had since I was 5) died last week, and absolutely devastated, I took a lot of comfort reading about other people's dogs and the joy they bring! As soon as I leave uni (this July, woo!) and get settled, I plan on finding a four-legged friend to come home with me and share the love! As I was only little, I never really had a part in training Bertie (thanks, mum), but I think it's so important to do it the right way and give your dog the best chances, so reading Victoria's articles and the threads on this forum is very enlightening!
Anyway, that's enough for now, but I do look forward to interacting with you all on here, and hearing what you've got to say! :)
All the best,
Lizzie
ClareMarsh

Re: Hello!

Post by ClareMarsh »

Welcome :D

I've got my first dog and I can tell you I never realised how much work a pup is until I got my own :D

By July you'll be all set if you keep reading up. There's some good threads with recommended reading :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Lizzie91

Post by Lizzie91 »

Thanks! Haha I bet!
Yeah definitely, I should be reading for my lectures but have spent all my weekend reading through stuff on here!
Good times :D
bendog

Post by bendog »

I nearly went to Lancaster Uni :)
Ended up at Liverpool but Lancaster isn't far away and I had friends there so went for a few nights out on campus (especially for extrav). I think it's a great place.

What do you study?
Lizzie91

Post by Lizzie91 »

Small world! I'm just about to finish my fourth year here studying French and History.. Have no idea what I'm going to do when I leave though! What did you do at Liverpool? Yeah it's a really nice campus, and the extravs are always great fun! When were your friends here?
Love the pics of your dogs by the way :)
bendog

Post by bendog »

I studied biology. Graduated 2011 and my friends were at Lancaster around the same time so 2010-2011 ish - they did social sciences mostly (sociology/psychology etc). French and history sounds a cool combination.

And thanks - they are total swines a lot of the time :roll: