Hello I'm Jen and I have 2 cairn terrier puppies

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JenJen

Hello I'm Jen and I have 2 cairn terrier puppies

Post by JenJen »

I'm Jen and I have 2 Cairn Terrier puppies. I was not planning on 2 puppies at one time but I sent my boyfriend to go get a male and he came back with a little male and female pup. Surprise lol
They are doing great tho. Very smart doing good with potty training and learning new tricks. The only trouble I have with them is jumping on people and barking. neither problem is to bad but I would love the jumping to stop most of all.
Sabrina

Re: Hello I'm Jen and I have 2 cairn terrier puppies

Post by Sabrina »

Hi! Welcome! This thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11503 links to loads of helpful things on this site. It links to kikopup's youtube channel, and she made an excellent video about training puppies to keep all four feet on the ground (search her channel for "jumping" and you should find it). Also, if you search the training advice subform you should find plenty of threads about jumping that should get you started.
JenJen

Post by JenJen »

Thanks. I've tried ignoring them it helped but its real bad when they see other people other then the normal family.
gwd

Post by gwd »

JenJen wrote: I was not planning on 2 puppies at one time but I sent my boyfriend to go get a male and he came back with a little male and female pup. Surprise lol
oh my..........

firstly welcome........and secondly, some unsolicited advice! when you have two puppies it tempting to do your socializing trips with both puppies. don't! they each need their own socialization outtings so that they can learn to be confident without relying on their littermate. ......it's self confidence that you're wanting for them, and that only comes when they are exposed to the world by themselves.

good luck with the babies.
JenJen

Post by JenJen »

Thanks for the advice. I work as a vet tech so I get to take them to work with me a lot. It gets them used to other animals and people. I have been taking them one at a time some. My little male loves to go but hates it when I take her and he is left at home lol he pouts in his kennel. Lol