New owner of a Bulgarian Rescue Dog! Hi!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

LindaD58

New owner of a Bulgarian Rescue Dog! Hi!

Post by LindaD58 »

Hello
Yes - Its true, my little lady has come all the way from Bulgaria!

Long story maybe for another day, but for now I just thought I would say hello. I lost my last dog, Buddy to Lymphoma just over a year ago so was ready for another companion - though not quite the challenge I have found myself with. Nadya is approximatley 4-5 years old and appears not to have seen the outside world or another person in that time. Needless to say I have my work cut out in bringing out the happy dog that is lurking in there. After just 6 weeks I have a waggy tail, kisses and the priviledge of providing tummy rubs so things are looking up! Hoping to get out of the house next! Good job we are in it for the long haul a?
Hope to be able to chat to lots of people over the coming weeks/months.
I think I will be needing lots of advice somehow. :?

A Happy New year to everyone!
Ari_RR

Re: New owner of a Bulgarian Rescue Dog! Hi!

Post by Ari_RR »

Terrific! What breed of kind of mix is Nadya?

Welcome, do share pictures, stories..

Happy New Year!
LindaD58

Re: New owner of a Bulgarian Rescue Dog! Hi!

Post by LindaD58 »

Hi
Thanks for your welcome.
Nadya is a bit of a mystery - the vet says she has Alsation in her for sure, large ears, and a thick coat and tail. The legs and paws though are very slim so who knows! And she is quite small ( 14kg)
I will post some pictures eventually.

I will be needing some advice on how to continue trying to get her to go for a walk so may be I need to post in another section unless you have any tips? Having not been for a walk possibly ever, she is terrified of everything, the wind, the trees moving, birds, just about any noise you can think of. She is fine having a harness put on and a lead and is keen to walk to the front door. The tail goes betwen the legs and the shakes start as soon as I open the door. She will walk about 3 or 4 yards and stops and will go no further. We have been doing that routine for weeks and don't seem to be getting any further.

There is loads I could say about her but don't want to get boring!
I will no doubt pop up in another part of the site so may be see you there. Love your dog - I clicked on the link - what a stunner!

Bye for now!