Lake District

Post by bendog »

I want to go back already!

Sunset by the lake

Views from Wansfell
katej215

Re: Lake District

Post by katej215 »

Lovely pics Amy...you cant beat the lakes...though at this time of year it's lamb -tastic and i always worry we are going to get charged at by some bold as brass old ewe :lol:

The dogs look in great condition...is that charlie or ben?
bendog

Post by bendog »

Which one?

2nd and last pic are Charlie, middle two are Ben.

Folk love their terriers up there so we got a lot of attention, tons of nice comments on their condition which made me very happy :)

I actually prefer lambing time - means a lot of the sheep have been brought down from the fells into the fields to lamb, and so once you get high up there are less sheep about. Helvellyn sheep are the worst.
Last edited by bendog on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katej215

Post by katej215 »

Ha..I clearly can't tell one Border from another.. :lol:

Ok I'm guessing the close up shot by the waters edge is Ben and the close up with Poppy is charlie?
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Beautiful :D I haven't been to the Lake District for decades... have uncomfortable memories of being on the top of Helvellyn when a thick fog descended... :shock:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
bendog

Post by bendog »

Sorry - wrong! haha close up & one in the woods is Charlie, the one in the pub and on the hill is Ben

Judy - not surprising, it's a long trip for you! Only an hour and a half for me so practically on the doorstep. I was in a rain storm last time I was up Helvellyn, couldn't see a thing!

I didn't get chance to do the walk I really wanted to do this time (Fairfield Horseshoe), because Mollys owner lives in the Lakes and so she wanted to come on a walk and see Molly, and she wasn't up for a really long uphill walk (5 hours and a climb of 1,581 ft is only a "short walk" in Lake District terms :lol: ) so that will have to wait for next time, but a good excuse to go back soon! You can see the horseshoe walk in the last pic I posted - route marked roughly in black here:
Only 10 miles, but takes about 7 hours because of the climbing. Image

So just trying to find a free weekend with good weather forecast I can go up to do it!