CavaPoo Question

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Kalo

CavaPoo Question

Post by Kalo »

Hi All...

Can anyone answer this question? Well, I may be jumping the gun, but, we adopted Cuddles four month ago from the pound and I truly believe she is a part cavalier king charles spaniel and poodle.

The pound thought she was as well and to be honest she does have a lot of markings of one. The on thing I am afraid of is health issue that the CPK usually have and I talked about them to my vet.

She said that CPK can develop heart probelms young depending on how her parents. The problem is being that we adopted her from the pound how do we know were her original owners adopted her...Whether they checked on good breeder etc....

I know I shouldn't worry, as it's pointless, but, it seem that since we've adopted Cuddles four months ago she since had to have a tumor on her back removed. Thank GOD, it was begin and now my little girl has come down with eye infection...

I guess I just pray that she stays health until old age.....Again she is mixed with cava and poodle and I am hoping that maybe she will be second hand generation bread...Don't know if that is any better...

Does anyone own a CPK or Cava Poo on this forum and if so have you had much health problems with the breed?

Thanks Kalo
josie1918

Re: CavaPoo Question

Post by josie1918 »

Kalo, I posted on the KCS breed spot here about the heart issues associated with the KCS. The best advice I have is that at a recent symposium I attended at Kansas State University veterinary college, one of the presenters was the chief canine cardiologist, he stated that CoQ10 enzyme 30mg. given daily to a canine will build a healthy canine heart. It will not harm your dog, and will improve his cardiac health. Hope this helps.
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

josie1918 wrote:Kalo, I posted on the KCS breed spot here about the heart issues associated with the KCS. The best advice I have is that at a recent symposium I attended at Kansas State University veterinary college, one of the presenters was the chief canine cardiologist, he stated that CoQ10 enzyme 30mg. given daily to a canine will build a healthy canine heart. It will not harm your dog, and will improve his cardiac health. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response...I guess I can order CoQ10 enzyme on line? I know I am probably worrying ahead of time..But there is so many health issues I've read on this bread that it kind of bums me out...They are such loving dogs though...

Thanks again, Kalo
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

Kalo,
They are wonderful dogs, I just love them. Got wal-mart? they sell CoQ10.
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

josie1918 wrote:Kalo,
They are wonderful dogs, I just love them. Got wal-mart? they sell CoQ10.
Thank you josie1918 so much for the info. Did't know wal-mart sold them...I'll check it out for sure...

Kalo