Welsh spinger Spaniel?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Theo400

Welsh spinger Spaniel?

Post by Theo400 »

Hi

After very careful research me and my sister decided that a Bernese is not for us or buddy.
:D
With it being nice yesterday we went to Blackpool for the day , buddy's first time at the beach and he loved it when we were there we met another dog being walked and buddy fell in love a female welsh spinger Spaniel after taking to the owner we fell in love to.

I wanted to ask if what the owner said is true he said that in general welsh spingers are as hyper as spinger they seem more calmer as he'd had English Springers before and with him getting older that's what made him decide on a welsh was that there calmer compared to an English Springer. But they still need lots of exercise though. Which we are use to with buddy as he's a Labrador so he needs lots of exercise.

He even said that welsh's engery levels probably match the Labrador? Is any of this true about welsh's?
master2

Re: Welsh spinger Spaniel?

Post by master2 »

Welsh's are lovely dogs just like the English Springer.

Iv met quite a few and they have always had lovely nature's and iv never heard a bad word from there owners.

There engery levels are probably higher than a lab :D
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

I'm sorry, I've no experience with a Welsh Springer to compare to the English ones I've had/known. I find it hard to believe that their energy levels would be that much lower though, rather than take that one guy's word for it, maybe call around a few breeders and see what they say about it? I'd be interested to know what someone who breeds them for working dogs would think.
Theo400

Post by Theo400 »

Hi

I have rang around 8 different breeders yesterday and they all pretty much said the same thing that there is no divide in welsh's like there is with English Springer spaniel were they have shoe and working line. There is no divide in the welsh.

They told me that there engery levels are similar to that of the working line ESS as show line English Springer are more laid back compared to welsh's .

I'm really smitten with the welsh. There also more aloof with strangers compared to other Spaniels not in the same way as a GSD but they just are not interested in saying hello to strangers like other Spaniels. Which I quiet like that they are aloof without being aggressive.