Def Staff but crossed with what?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

gwd

Re: Def Staff but crossed with what?

Post by gwd »

PeppermintPanda wrote: sadly, he ended up spending most of his time in the garden, not being fed properly and hardly ever taken for a walk.
this is one time where i'd advocate the use of adversives...........soundly smack that daughter of yours across the keester. it you don't want a dog or it's not fitting in, that's understandable, but to not feed them properly is worthy of a serious 'come to jesus' talk. :evil:

he's a lucky boy to have found his way into your home regardless of it being a convoluted path.
PeppermintPanda

Post by PeppermintPanda »

@ gwd

I was really angry with her :x When she brought Aston round I could count every rib, all the vertebrae along his back and his hips stuck out like a pair of wings. He was all head because his body was so skinny. He also had bald patches on his fur where he was suffering from cat fleas, his nails were long and his pads soft, from not being walked.

In fact my brother's girlfriend, who breeds pointers for show, was so worried about the state of Aston that she advised my daughter to take him to the vet's for some blood tests.

I took him to my vet and she said he was healthy, just neglected. :(

I find it very frustrating....if a person doesn't have the time to look after a dog, then they shouldn't own one. It's the same with the dog she's had since a puppy. Luna is barely walked, under stimulated and not well socialized. She growls at the children, and has bitten two people. While I know that my daughter loves her, and is often over affectionate with Luna, she doesn't seem to realise that love alone is not enough. There's responsibility too, and she has a responsibility to care for Luna's health, to make sure that she gets stimulating walks, and that Luna has plenty of time within the family group rather than being shut out every time she gets boisterous. Just bringing her in for a cuddle and then chucking her out when she gets playful is no life for a dog. I worry that being under stimulated most of the time, and over excited some of the time is the underlying root of Luna's somewhat aggressive behaviour.

One incident really did concern me. Tammy had a friend call around and I let the friend in. The friend was some one Luna had met many times before (and had looked after her while Tammy was on holiday) but the minute the friend sat down, Luna stood on her lap, all hackles up and growled directly in her face. The friend sat there too afraid to move and I had to coax Luna off. Since Luna knew this person well I have no idea what provoked such an aggressive response. I really thought she was going to go for her and being a Staffy/Shar Pei X the injuries, if she had, could have been quite horrific! :shock: Fortunately she came away when I called her name! But, very worrying behaviour. :shock:

Thanks for all your responses. I have to say that it's put my mind at ease :D
In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog
Dixies momma

Post by Dixies momma »

the top photo, side view...shows me some boxer style shape. but then when laying down, it has a different appearence. my best guess on the half being guessed at is prob some boxer.
Jake n Dixies momma