Episode 204 - Tiny Tyrant - Jan 23

Any time new episodes of It’s Me or the Dog are airing on Animal Planet in the US, Victoria will answer questions about that episode later that week. Post your questions to Victoria about the most recent episode here anytime.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Victoria
Site Admin

Re: Episode 204 - Tiny Tyrant - Jan 23

Post by Victoria »

EADGBE wrote:Hi Victoria.

Another great show.
How long has positive reinforcement training been around? I think it's a wonderful idea.
Positive reinforcement has been around in some form for around 40 years. That's when some of the amazing expert bloggers on this site began their work in behavioral science - Ian Dunbar, Karen Pryor, etc. It's been gaining momentum steadily since then, and it's really exciting to see it gain popularity in the general dog-owning public and not just amoong the world's leading behavioral scientists and the training community.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

mustlovdoggs wrote:Do you work with any rescues that would have taken Princess if they had not worked with her.
This episode was shot in Atlanta, and there are luckily a lot of great rescue shelters around - PAWS Atlanta, Atlanta Pet Rescue, etc.

From the beginning I could tell that Melissa was up for the challenge and wanted to make the dog's life better, though, so it was never something I was forced to consider.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

doggy style wrote:while on the british subject,why arent those dvds avaliable.i know i havent seen them all on american tv.and just a suggestion since the show comes out on hd they should also moke blu ray dvds as well. and maybe more bloopers and scenes that were too hot for tv! just a suggestion!
DVD's of the show are made available by Animal Planet. You can contact them here to make suggestions/requests: http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations
mustlovdoggs

Post by mustlovdoggs »

Victoria,I'm just glad it didn't came to that, way to go Victoria and Melissa (She is a sweet girl) :D
I wished I was the person my dogs thinks I am.
PandahBear

Post by PandahBear »

Hello Victoria..I absolutely am in love with your shows.
I've been watching for a few years now..and I love the way you can train,absolutely almost any dog..no matter how hard they can be.
It very much inspires me,to want to be an animal trainer myself. Because of my love of animals.

My only question is,what do you do with a dog who is fear aggressive?
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

Thanks to everyone for joining in tonight!

Keep watching, and I'll see you here again next week.

Victoria
Liz & Koa

Post by Liz & Koa »

FYI on Rescue Remedy

Hi All,

Koa is a 3 year old GSD, and he has a fear aggresion issue. The Rescue Remedy did nothing. Like Victoria said, when a dog is at that point that stuff really does not do any good.

Victoria, great show. We love it, but I would like to see the same type of training you did with Princess on a bigger dog.

Liz and Koa