Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Alvater

Re: Avatars and editing posts...

Post by Alvater »

MiaRose100907 wrote:Okay, so I am going to be the one who asks a dumb question...
I really wish to have a pic of my pooches on my profile, but I cannot seem to figure out how to place it as my avatar? I go into 'edit my avatar', and it has a blank spot where the picture will show, but I am not able to upload a pic anywhere. Do I HAVE to post a URL or can I upload a pic straight from my comp?
When I go to post a URL (as in link it to my facebook which is where most of my pics are), it won't work. The picture is too large.
If I find a pic on my comp and resize it to the dimensions it requires, I can't seem to figure out how to link it to where I can upload it, since there is only one spot and it wants a URL.

Also, I assume if I had a photo gallery on here, I could pick a pic from there and place it as my avatar, but it won't let me make a photo gallery. It says I do not have permission to do it.

So, I am a little confused.

Thanks for any and all advice :?
I had the same problem. I did not fin the browse button such panels usually have, only the link thing and the gallery complainen I've no permission. I then uploaded the pic on my DA account although I didn't like to put it there and link because I want to use that account for something else. So you have to resize the pic and then upload it on some picture hosting service and then link it in the panel.

If someone has resized their picture but it doesn't fit check how compressed it is and try to adjust that. Or adjust how many colors there are in the pic.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

I'm new to this site and am accessing it via my iPad. When I try to upload from my iPad photos it doesn't work either for the photo or the avatar.

Do I need to get online and use a photo site or can I get on my laptop and upload from there.

I'm a new user on this site and am totally confused about it. When I try to use a smilie, it comes out as :D even though Smilies are on.

It is very confusing. I've tried the help and can't figure this out. Might be the fact that I'm accessing via iPad.

Would love any help I can get.

Thanks,
Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Your smilie looks like a smilie to me, so I guess it's something to do with your using an IPad :D Photos do have to be uploaded to the internet, using Photobucket, Flickr or similar, and the link pasted into the post between [img] tags. Hope that helps :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
LouReed

Post by LouReed »

Hi, I'm new to the forum nd I'm trying to uplod my avatar, I'd like to put a picture of my pup, but in the edit avatar page I only get the option to uploda a link from a website, I can't figure out how to upload an image directly from my computer!

Thank you in advance
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

I'm really struggling to get an avatar to stick. I've been trying with tinypic, because I can't remember when I last used photobucket and think my account has closed by now. Anyone able to help?
Erica

Post by Erica »

I've never had luck with Tinypic. x3 It's pretty easy to make a new Photobucket account if you can't get into your old one, but it would be worth trying at least. I accidentally logged into an old Photobucket account that I hadn't touched in years! Everything was still there, though. :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Thanks Erica! I'm giving that a try now. :D