What are you looking forward to in 2018?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

What are you looking forward to in 2018?

Post by ZaraD »

Writing my recent post in what are you and your dog up to made me think is there anything you hoping for in 2018 no matter how bizarre or maybe your looking forward to something?

I'm looking forward to going on holiday with Sampson for the first time this summer :D and my journey of becoming a physiotherapist. But no matter how daft this seems I'm so looking forward to watching Avengers infinity war in may. As a kid I loved reading marvel comics and I always saw thanos as one of the baddest villians ever and ever since the first movie when they traded him at the end credits in 2012 iv waited excitedly for 6yrs :o . I know some of you may not get why I'm excited or might not even watch avengers :wink: .

https://youtu.be/6ZfuNTqbHE8 just incase you've not seen it or your curious why I'm so excited :wink:
Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you looking forward to in 2018?

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I'm always up for fantasy / sci fi films. I have to admit, though, I didn't like Civil War. :roll:

I think what I'm looking forward to is getting another puppy. We're 80% decided we want one since Merlin is showing no signs of wanting a cuddle any time soon, and we're hoping to possibly go on a waiting list for a litter being born around Feb (if Merlin's behaviour keeps improving and his leg is all healed up). There are two litters of two different breeds (diff breeders), so we still need to decide which of the two breeds we would prefer! Poundlane Spaniel or Japanese Spitz. I've already had a reply from the Japanese Spitz breeder (Charney Kennels) and I do like the sound of her lines. Just waiting on a reply from the spaniel breeder to find out more about the prospective parents.

Other than that, Red Dead Redemption 2!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I'm not into films at all, but OH enjoys the Marvel films. And I have to admit that when I noticed Thor, I suddenly got a lot more interested...... Image

Sadly my big plan for 2018, the dog toy library, isn't going to be happening after all, and we're not even going on holiday unless Monty the cat keels over in time for us to book something. I thought his back end had finally given up last night when he couldn't walk over when I put his food down, but it turned out he'd got a claw stuck in the carpet :lol:

I'm looking forward to my Mum's 80th birthday bash in a couple of weeks time though :D And even if we don't go away anywhere, we'll have a staycation involving lots of pub lunches :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am I'm always up for fantasy / sci fi films. I have to admit, though, I didn't like Civil War. :roll:

I think what I'm looking forward to is getting another puppy. We're 80% decided we want one since Merlin is showing no signs of wanting a cuddle any time soon, and we're hoping to possibly go on a waiting list for a litter being born around Feb (if Merlin's behaviour keeps improving and his leg is all healed up). There are two litters of two different breeds (diff breeders), so we still need to decide which of the two breeds we would prefer! Poundlane Spaniel or Japanese Spitz. I've already had a reply from the Japanese Spitz breeder (Charney Kennels) and I do like the sound of her lines. Just waiting on a reply from the spaniel breeder to find out more about the prospective parents.

Other than that, Red Dead Redemption 2!
When you say poundlane spaniel do you mean a breeder of cavaliers and cavapoos? As that's what Google comes up with. If it is then Cavalier king Charles I know from experience are fantastic dogs
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Yes it is them. I've been following her blog for over a year. She is trying to bring health back into the Cavalier breed by crossing them out with poodles and brittany spaniels. She is hoping to create dogs with the Cavalier temperament, but with clear MRI's for SM, longer snouts (like they used to have) instead of the Brachy ones they have now, and free of heart murmurs.

If you look at her blog you can see her first litter of these crossings, they are 6 weeks old now!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Im looking now , not finished reading yet but the fact that they are part Cavalier is a major reason I would say go for them as cavalier are one of the most sweetest, most gentle and loving dogs you will ever have ( not forgetting merlin here but it's hard to beat a cavalier) if I was going to get a little sister for Sampson it would be a cavalier. They also love cuddles and are not vocal either. My vote would be poundlane spaniel :D , also from what I have seen so far she really does seem like a caring and knowledgeable breeder who like you said wants to improve the health of the cavalier.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

They do look like amazing dogs, and whilst I LOVE Spitz's (they are up for anything!) the thing holding us back from just going for the JS is that I can forsee them setting each other off. Alot. Whilst they would be living in utter bliss barking at the world, in the city that might be an issue...

The Cavalier temperament basically ticks all our boxes, and for Merlin might be a bit of a calming influence. Also with the Brittany and Poodle in there they might have a healthy dose of brains and energy! I'm waiting on a reply from her to learn more about the recent mating (Bumble and Ernest) to see what they are like, but with 10 puppies I bet she's very, very busy. :lol:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I have to say I'm impressed with the puppy packs you get a lot in a nice little bag :D before my mom became ill she use to show cavaliers so anything you want to know about CKCS just let me know.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I was wondering if you would be happy with tow barking spritz. Cavaliers are a LOT quieter and only bark if there a reason and there not known to join in either, so if merlin is barking the cavalier side of the pup means he\she will be unlikely to join in. And yes cavalier are a calm breed but since there's Brittany in there he\she will be more active than your typical cavalier. But they have the most outstanding temperaments
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

for 2018 i am.....

Hoping to get an agent for my book.

Get my candle business off the ground.

Get more settled. (I just moved 3 months ago and i dont have a primary care, dentist, vet, boarding place, any of that)

Start taking Bax in to work.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

You're writing a book, Shalista? Tell us more!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

oh its not very good yet =) ive been writing my whole life but in 2014 i started taking it really seriously. i write about 20hrs a week now. I write YA fantasy and its mostly for fun. its been a learning process and I'm not expecting much. I've published a short story already though so maybe im not as bad as i think i am :wink:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Shalista wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 am oh its not very good yet =) ive been writing my whole life but in 2014 i started taking it really seriously. i write about 20hrs a week now. I write YA fantasy and its mostly for fun. its been a learning process and I'm not expecting much. I've published a short story already though so maybe im not as bad as i think i am :wink:
I once write a children's book never got it published but all my nephew's and niece's loved it and my cousin took it to work with her and read it to the children at the nursery she works at and they liked it but I write to pass time when I'd broken my leg years ago and couldn't leave the house.