I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

On Friday I took my driving test and I passed :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now is what car to get and was hoping you could help. I'm between tow cars the Kia Rio and the Kia sorento I am wondering which one would be better for my needs as my mom has been driving me to work until now when I can finally drive myself to work every day and my work is 38 miles away from were I live so 1hr there and 1hr back in one day , 5 days a week. (As you know I own a grooming parlour but I couldn't drive untill now)

There tank size is 70litres for sorento and 45litres for the seat.

I'm just worried about the miles I'm doing and how much petrol is going to cost?

When I asked at kia he said for what I'm doing it would cost over £300 a month on petrol :shock: for the sorento and the Rio would cost around £280 and my mom owns a mini and she said to get me to work everyday and pick me up she's had to pay around £165 a month (which I don't get how the Rio can cost more than a mini in petrol?

The sorento can go more miles apparently just wondering what your advice would be to the members who drive and if you have any other recommendations that could suit but would be cheaper? I calculated how many miles in one week I would be doing just for work and it would be 380miles😮

What do you think?
ZaraD

Re: I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ZaraD »

Forgot to mention I was thinking of a Kia as with the mileage I'll be doing I thought the 7year warranty Kia has that would come in handy. If I needed it.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

ZaraD,

Congratulations! Sorry I can’t help as I know nothing about Kia or petrol where you are.

But, you need to take into consideration not just miles but also hills, number of traffic lights & amount of traffic such as rush hour where you have a lot of stop & go. And, consider amount of petrol each Kia holds.
Also, do you go to people’s homes for dog grooming?

These all need to be taken into account as they can affect the amount of petrol you will be using.

Don’t talk to the sales person since they just know the general miles per gallon or whatever they calculate. And, they just want to sell you a car!

I suggest talking to a mechanic or a friend who might have the car you are looking at. Or, look online for a car group for Kias. Someone who owns one can give you much more information. Also, remember that petrol mileage is just one thing to take into consideration such as if you take your dog anywhere or have other travel plans as to which size works for your needs & of course parking.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Sorry
Last edited by ZaraD on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erica

Post by Erica »

Might be better to ask on a car forum. We're about dogs here and I don't think there are any car dealers on here often. ;)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14