Can't believe what I just saw!!!!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

Can't believe what I just saw!!!!!

Post by master2 »

On my morning walking with Sherlock (I walk the dogs sepreatly as Sherlock is dog reactive and I can control him better when I'm just walking him) I saw a woman with her teenage daughter and the womens guide dog. When the got to a road side she did not ask the dog to sit she yank the lead upwards nearly choking the poor dog and then when dog did not sit she hit him on the head really hard to the point the dog screamed ( the best way I can describe the noise the dog made) I just could not believe what I had saw this was a pure Golden Retriever. The dog had a guide dog jacket on and there was a handle on the jacket for the owner so this was a working guide dog not one in training. I donate to guide dogs so to see one get mistreated like that is upsetting.

I don't know if I should keep it to myself or complain to guide dogs?
Nettle

Re: Can't believe what I just saw!!!!!

Post by Nettle »

I think you should advise Guide Dogs and let them deal with it. Just give them facts and keep emotion out of it.

Years ago a guide dog where I lived was being treated very badly, and the Guide Dogs people came and gave advice to the family concerned.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Suzette

Re: Can't believe what I just saw!!!!!

Post by Suzette »

Yes, absolutely report this. Dogs are like children - they have no voice in society. They depend upon people like us to speak for them when they are being mistreated. What you saw was unconscionable on so many levels. It should be reported and dealt with for the dogs sake and well-being.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11