I met Victoria in Finland \o/

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

elisa

I met Victoria in Finland \o/

Post by elisa »

Hi all! I thought I'd share as I met Victoria in her show in Finland and I think I like her more now. :)
Ok I didn't really personally talk to her much other than asking for autographs to my book and the fireworks CD I bought and trying to thank her for introducing me to positive reinforcement training as without her show I really might not know better.

Her show was great! Likely many people in the audience were already into positive reinforcement but I hope she also turned some "balanced" trainers around. Those are very common in Finland. She had six Finnish dogs with small problems as examples. The funniest things was when she totally told off the VIP's as they were talking during the show also when the dogs were on stage even though she told everyone to be quiet. Then she tested the memory and stuff of the dogs and it was so much fun I totally have to test out Ansa though of course I know she is super smart. ;) And her show was maybe like 3 hours and even after that she spent ages signing books and stuff and talking to people. Also the next day her meet&greet session went way over the scheduled time, but she just kept talking to people about their training problems and such.

So now I have a "Kindness is Powerful - Pass it on" t-shirt I can wear on walks with my pup. :)

And my pup Ansa is doing great. She still gets worried easily but in general she's much more relaxed. I've now been home almost a whole year she's not so scared of the dishwasher or the wind on the roof or such. And we're doing great in agility. I still need to get better but Ansa is great and just looking at her face during the practices I can't help but get a big grin on my face. (Some pics if you want to have a look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kaipi/set ... 6911492799) Oh and we did a two week 800 km trip with Ansa on our cargo bike this summer (as our honeymoon). (Made a video https://youtu.be/fR77DKrPh-c) It was a true testament to step my step training as first Ansa pretty much ran the other way when the bike training started, but slowly she started to accept it and all trip long she jumped on happily. We had a lot of breaks on the way so she wouldn't get too bored or worried. When we got back to our city she started sniffing the air and I bet she could smell that we were almost home.

So thanks to Victoria and this forum my pup is fantastic!
The best friend of Ansa the sprollie since autumn 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnsaTheSprollie
Train with your brain. :)
Nettle

Re: I met Victoria in Finland \o/

Post by Nettle »

Great to hear from you Elisa, and well done! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Ansa is looking fantastic - and congratulations on your wedding :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
katej215

Post by katej215 »

Elisa

Congrats on your wedding...looks like you guys had the coolest honeymoon ever! We took Hattie on ours, just wouldn't have been the same without that beardy little face of joy! :D