What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Hah! Oh dear Jasper. I wonder if sometimes our dogs think we're nuts when we're trying to get them to play but they aren't in the mood. Or with Merlin try and invite him up for a cuddle and him just sighing and walking in the opposite direction. :cry:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Mine would be horrified at the very suggestion. "PLAY???!! Get a grip on yourself, woman!"
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Merlin's is not bad at the weave ( I think it's called :wink: )

Sampson also isn't big on play unless it's a food toy :lol: , otherwise when I try to play with him outside he looks as if he saying " she's not with me" :lol:

Today he's just been lying on the sofa with me as he saw the vet today who said that he's healing well and his wounds are healing nicely and are starting to become scars now as the stitches were taken out last week. So I'm happy he's healing well :D

We have just been relaxing at home binge watching Sherlock ( the one with cumberbatch in)
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i think "hooligan and numskull" describe bax perfectly :roll: :lol:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

... and at times, Jasper too!

We met Jasper's bromance buddy, Fonzie, in the park this morning. F's owner is Czechoslovakian, lived in this country for 20 years but still has a strong accent. She told me that she'd just suggested to a man that he picked up his dog's poo after the dog pooed on the playing field, and he told her to mind her own business and f*** off back to her country :shock: :evil: There really are some s**ts out there, and I'm not just talking about the ones people leave lying on playing fields :evil:

Anyhoo. F wanted to play with J but J wasn't really interested till we got to the middle of a field. Then he started running around and playing quite roughly with F... and then launched a jumpy growly attack on me :o It was just like the old days :lol: He got back on all four paws very soon but was a bit growly when I tried to put his lead on so I had to sternly tell him to wait and calm himself down before I could get it on. He just can't control his overarousal, but he did listen to me and try to calm down - it's just he couldn't contemplate me putting his lead on when he still had fireworks going off in his brain. Which is going to be my new metaphor for what happens when he has a moment!

It's so rare he wants to play with another dog, and wide open spaces always were a trigger, so it's just not a situation that's cropped up since he was younger. It was quite an eye-opener for my friend, who like most people hadn't really believed all the things I've said about him :lol:

Zara, I'll have a look at that article later. In the meantime, I'd take it with a pinch of salt (not literally :mrgreen: ). Never trust a website called 'The Truth About....' Just look at their front page to see how one-sided they are. They are very anti-vaccine too :evil:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Thanks for letting me know it's iffy , Sampson eats orijin when we are on holiday as I can't store his meat in the caravan freezer :roll: :D ,

I loved it when merlin looks back at you when The JRT runs in the distance and then merlin runs after him :D

I should do a video of Sampson but I never have my phone with me at the right time Im gonna keep it with me :D , I saw this that I like https://youtu.be/We1su_fQkWU I was shocked she was a female Giant , she's nearly as big as Sampson. Shows how smart they are.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

It may not be iffy. The source of the information seems dubious, and a projected lawsuit is very different from proof. There's a lot of incorrect information up for reading on this subject and that, created by pressure groups who rely on people not checking their sources, or applying simple logic.

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I think ZaraD meant the source was iffy, not the food :wink:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:29 am I think ZaraD meant the source was iffy, not the food :wink:
Year , your spot on Judy I meant the source , I hope to god the food isn't as I give it to Sampson when we go caravan holidaying :shock: :D
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Dogs went to the vet on Monday. Sirius to get a nail trim and Sky to check out what appeared to be an open sore just below her anus.

Sirius did not get her nails done because OH didn't take her muzzle and she apparently wasn't cooperative with the vet tech. She had been given her situational medicine ahead of time.

I arrived to find tech walking towards OH with Sirius and a rather large basket muzzle in her hands asking if OH could put the muzzle on. OH did, but it was obvious to me that it was way to large and loose to be of any benefit. OH then attempted to restrain Sirius. That didn't go over well at all. Fortunately the muzzle stayed in place and vet tech decided quickly that Sirius was too stressed and they would not proceed.

My thinking in asking OH to take both and get a nail trim for Sirius was that she would be given her medicine, be reasonably calm, OH would have her muzzled, and the tech would take her off away from Sky to perform the procedure. My thinking FAILED.

Sirius taken back out to the van and it was Sky's turn. The apparent open sore that I had seen the previous day was no longer visible. I mentioned that Sky had always been clean, but seemed to be licking much more recently than in the past.

An exam revealed a mass in her anal sac. Vet believes it is cancer. A rare but agressive form of cancer. She will go in tomorrow for more diagnostics. A needle aspiration for lab analysis and if deemed appropriate, X-rays and sonogram to determine to what extent the cancer may have spread. Just a few months ago when she was having the uriniary tract infection and had sonograms, and then more recently x rays for her limping, all things looked clear. We should know more on the status of things next week. Once we know more we will decide on the next steps.

Surgery is a possiblity to remove the mass. If it hasn't spread significantly, we would likely have this done. Surgery seems reasonable as the area is obviously bothering her based on the licking.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

ZaraD wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 am
JudyN wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:29 am I think ZaraD meant the source was iffy, not the food :wink:
Year , your spot on Judy I meant the source , I hope to god the food isn't as I give it to Sampson when we go caravan holidaying :shock: :D
Ah - silly me - must drink more coffee!! :lol:

MPbandmom I hope everything goes as well as possible. Hugs.

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I hope the mass turns out to be something harmless or easily treatable, MPbandmum :(