What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Shalista »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 am A terrier who doesn't have a grrr every now and then is a broken terrier, to be honest!
ahahahhaahah you have no idea :roll: :wink: :lol: :?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

I am sorry I have been away so long. I really appreciated all of your guys help and time! You are all amazing!!!

I finally got my Dolce babies. Not sure how to add photos yet!
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Hi all,

Sandy is mended after his 3 teeth extracted.

He has been enjoying Chanukah with 2 special treats every night. :D
Tonight was the last night so no more candles & treats. :shock:

Today, the 20th, Sandy is 8 years old :D
So, another 2 special treats....ummm :D
(Also means we have had him for 7 whole years!) :lol:

JudyN, not sure what day is Jasper’s birthday, but Sandy & I wish Jasper a very happy & healthy 8th Birthday! :D

Do you realize our dogs are now senior citizens! :roll:
Sandy doesn’t act it, but small dogs take longer to act their age :lol:

I get to celebrate Sandy’s birthday by my getting a professional massage! He will get a belly rub from me :wink:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

DianeLDL wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 am
I get to celebrate Sandy’s birthday by my getting a professional massage! He will get a belly rub from me :wink:

that sounds fair :lol:

i need to remmeber to do soemthign for bax's bday this year. hes turning 5!!!!!!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

DianeLDL wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 amJudyN, not sure what day is Jasper’s birthday, but Sandy & I wish Jasper a very happy & healthy 8th Birthday! :D
Thank you Diane, and happy birthday to Sandy! Jasper is now 8 years and 9 days old :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Happy birthday Sandy! I think we need a birthday pic!
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

I haven’t figured out how to post photos. The way I used to do it doesn’t work anymore. I used to have him as my icon.

I tried Flickr with no luck.
Any ideas!

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Diane, if you post the url of the photo you want here (or PM it to me if that would give away personal details) I can see what I can do. Were you using Photobucket before by any chance? They charge for hosting now so any avatars on there won't work any more.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I managed to embarrass myself yesterday...

A bit of background: when Jasper was a pup he managed to nick a pork pie out of a complete stranger's carrier bag and proceeded to eat it :oops: Luckily, the man thought it was hilarious and refused OH's offer to reimburse him. Since then, J has been very interested in people carrying carrier bags: his haul to date also includes a fluffy keyring and a woolly hat :lol:

So yesterday, in the park, he spotted a little old lady carrying a carrier bag, accompanied by a little old dog. J went up, briefly said hello to the dog, then went to say hello and what's in your bag? to the lady. We called him away, and OH said 'I think he wants to go this way - he only went that way to say hello.'

I replied, 'Yes - he went to say hello to the bag.' Then quickly corrected myself '...to say hello to the CARRIER bag' :shock: :oops: :lol:

We walked off giggling like naughty children - I do hope the woman didn't hear what I said the first time...
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Oh JUDY! :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Never give up on a toy! i bought the wobble tower lotsa recommended and bax shunned it from day one. its been sitting on my floor for prolly over a month with food in it that he just doesnt want. fast forward to today. hes pacing and whining but hes been potied twice. i'm lookign for something to keep him busy when i spy his tower. its empty!!!! so i fill it again (its on its easiest setting) and drop it on the floor. less then ten minutes later hes whining again. i check. and its empty! he emptied it that fast! so i switched it to i ts hardest setting, refilled it, put it back o nthe floor, and i can hear him rocking it and happily crunching away. 10/10 @lotsa, i had my doubts but well worth the buy!

EDIT: i think its the perfect toy for him because he loves finding a task that gives him food and then hitting repeat a bajillion times. here he gets to headbutt it and every time he does he gets food. its like christmas!!!! matter of fact, i may bring this home for him to play with over xmas!

EDIT2: just heard several loud thumps from downstairs that he 100% ignored cause he was wobble towering
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

@Judy I love the idea of someone thinking Jasper is coming over to say hello to them, then he tries to stick his face in their shopping :lol:

@Shalista Glad Bax liked it! Merlin prefers to eat his dinner out of it than a bowl so ours gets used every day.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone and their fur babies! i hope you have a wonderful tie of celebration and peace and your furbabies dont get TOO stressed with the festivities. :roll: :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

And to you too, Shalista :D

Our plan for OH to take Jasper out for his second walk at 12 o'clock in the hope he wouldn't start whingeing to go out at 2pm, meaning an early and rushed Xmas lunch, sort of worked... he held off till 3pm :roll: :lol: