You know you are a dog geek when..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

Re: You know you are a dog geek when..

Post by ckranz »

When you can use the phrases small rough and broken bitches and not worry about strange stares....or for that matter tall smooth bitches as well.

If you have a jack russell terrier you know exactly what I am talking about :twisted:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

ckranz wrote:When you can use the phrases small rough and broken bitches and not worry about strange stares....
Ha, I still can't go to a lurcher show without OH saying that he wants a rough b!tch under 26 :lol:

Nettle, is that perfectly normal in the same way my dog is perfectly normal? :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

ckranz wrote:You can look at any poop in the park and tell immediately if it came from one of your dogs
:oops:

extra easy when your dog is raw fed
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

JudyN wrote:Nettle, is that perfectly normal in the same way my dog is perfectly normal?
No, it's perfectly normal as in nearly everyone I know does it. :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
lucyandbella

Post by lucyandbella »

JudyN wrote:You know exactly what your dog would sound like if he could talk, and exactly what he would say - and often have long conversations with him out loud where you speak for him, in his accent. Which can prove embarrassing when you turn a corner and bump into someone.

Please say this isn't just me? ['Mummy, I think it is just you, you know,' says Jasper, in the voice of a five-year-old boy with laryngitis :oops: ]
And you speak with a lateral lisp-like voice for your dog with an underbite because that would effect her voice in some way you know. :oops: . And while on walks you frequently have conversations with her and say her parts out loud and she always has the last word, she is so combative :lol: . (Yeah not just you Judy)
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

:oops: Guilty
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yay, I'm normal :D Either that or we're all mad.....
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

When leftovers are primarily used as treats for you best pal without a second thought.

You take extra moments when eating salmon or other fish cooked in skin, to remove that skin to save for you best pals.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

When there are no dogs around, and you are somewhat confused about what to do with your left overs as you never NORMALLY have any...

And hwen not only do you k now which turd belongs to your dog but you can have a bloody good guess at what brand food the other turds used to be!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
gwd

Post by gwd »

emmabeth wrote:When there are no dogs around, and you are somewhat confused about what to do with your left overs as you never NORMALLY have any...

I always cut leftovers into equal piles, depending on the number of dogs that resided in the house. ........It would be habit to make that specific number of piles. Then, when I'd lose a dog, habit would still have me making a portion for the dog I'd just lost.......... which would always start the tears flowing again.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

I dont know if this was said yet, but lately when I need the bathroom, and Sandy is waiting for me. I tell him that mommy has to go potty. I guess he understand what going potty means. He just knows that we disappear into another room. :lol:

Just had to add that one as it just happened an hour ago, again.

Diane
Traveling again and in another hotel room returning from a trip to San Francisco bay area to see my parents. Due to arrive home tomorrow where we will all have our own beds. Yeah! :D
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

You really appreciate the creative full names people come up with for Canine Partners in AKC.

"Ceti Alpha V's Khan"
"Dexi Poops Wrecking Ball"
lucyandbella

Post by lucyandbella »

You drive the long way home when your dogs are with you because there are better sights and smells. And when you get to the dairy farm if nobody is behind you, you drive really slow with the windows down because your dogs love looking at the cows and breathing in the smell of manure.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

lucyandbella wrote:You drive the long way home when your dogs are with you because there are better sights and smells. And when you get to the dairy farm if nobody is behind you, you drive really slow with the windows down because your dogs love looking at the cows and breathing in the smell of manure.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

When you routinely knock on the door LEAVING the bathroom.... To make sure there is no dog parked outside of the bathroom door :roll: