You know you are a dog geek when..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DianeLDL

Re: You know you are a dog geek when..

Post by DianeLDL »

JudyN wrote: And when you become a 'two Orvis bed' family :oops:
judy,

You got another Orvis bed? Are you sleeping in one of them or just have a second in another room? :?:

I guess, The only thing I can add is that our dog has his own backseat heating and air conditioning in our Odyssey van. :D
And OH times our errands around trips to parks (and OH seems to know where each one is) so Sandy can potty. :roll:

And, when making reservations for hotels and motels, I check the photos to make sure Sandy has an overstuffed armchair or sofa to sleep in and a refrigerator for his water and treats. (Yes, he gets refrigerated bottled water as OH doesn't like the looks of some water in places including our house in Albuquerque.) Is Sandy spoiled or what? :oops:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

DianeLDL wrote:judy,

You got another Orvis bed? Are you sleeping in one of them or just have a second in another room? :?:
Yup :oops: He now has one in the front room, and one in the study where I work. I'd really quite like to get one for the bedroom now............ :mrgreen:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

When your eyes glaze over after 2.5 seconds of someone talking about their children or grandchildren, but you can talk dogs all day.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
bendog

Post by bendog »

When you are playing on the front grass with your two 5 year old nephews and theres a car coming so you put them in the middle of the grass and tell them "Staaaaayyyy"

I also saw a grandad chasing his 2 or 3 year old grandson down the street & thought: " that kid should be on a lead if he has no recall"
katej215

Post by katej215 »

JudyN wrote:Yup He now has one in the front room, and one in the study where I work. I'd really quite like to get one for the bedroom now............
Judy!! I thought I was bad....I feel better now :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

bendog wrote: also saw a grandad chasing his 2 or 3 year old grandson down the street & thought: " that kid should be on a lead if he has no recall"

:lol:

Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Our kids were trained to come with a whistle-- and that was before we got a dog! :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Fundog I was trained to recall to my fathers whistle too :D

When you get a pain in your tooth and you tell your OH that you'll have to get an appointment with the vet :oops:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Erica

Post by Erica »

When someone messages you a yes-or-no question about dogs and you respond with twenty paragraphs...:oops:

Our family is a whistle-recall family too!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
bendog

Post by bendog »

Last night after I got back from the shops:
OH: "ooooh you got me cocktail sausages! Thank you!
Me "..................."
OH "wait, they're not for me, they're for the dogs aren't they?"
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

You know, the last time Mr. Fundog let me go grocery shopping by myself, I bought several cans of sardines... presumably for him, but they were in a much different packaging, so he did not want them. Heh, heh, heh. Yep, they were really for the dogs. Last time we went grocery shopping together, we got MORE of those same cans of sardines... this time quite obviously for the dogs. Heh, heh, they were cheap, so Mr. Fundog went along with it. :mrgreen:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Fundog wrote:You know, the last time Mr. Fundog let me go grocery shopping by myself, I bought several cans of sardines... presumably for him, but they were in a much different packaging, so he did not want them. Heh, heh, heh. Yep, they were really for the dogs. Last time we went grocery shopping together, we got MORE of those same cans of sardines... this time quite obviously for the dogs. Heh, heh, they were cheap, so Mr. Fundog went along with it. :mrgreen:
Fundog,

Interesting! My husband grew up in Maine where his grandfather owned a sardine factory where OH went to work after school. Long since shut down, but OH still loves sardines. I can't stand the smell. Never tried any for Sandy, though. I think OH would fight Sandy for the sardines.

OH brought home sliced deli roast beef (fairly expensive) on Friday, and I said, great, you bought enough for Sandy! :D :D

Aren't our dogs spoiled?! :wink:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Fundog wrote:Our kids were trained to come with a whistle-- and that was before we got a dog! :lol:
I am old enough to remember the days that after breakfast you opened the door and let them out....when it was dinner time you stepped out the front door and blew a whistle, rang a bell, called out really loud and they came running back home....the kids that is. dogs usually followed the kids.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

jacksdad wrote:
Fundog wrote:Our kids were trained to come with a whistle-- and that was before we got a dog! :lol:
I am old enough to remember the days that after breakfast you opened the door and let them out....when it was dinner time you stepped out the front door and blew a whistle, rang a bell, called out really loud and they came running back home....the kids that is. dogs usually followed the kids.

My Mother was Swiss. She used to yodel. It embarrassed me at the time (you know how easily kids find parents embarrassing) but the sound doesn't half carry a long way - even longer if you can pitch to an echo.

Sometimes Mr. Nettle and I get separated searching for a dog (yes it can happen to us, too, and yes it is always the terrier :lol: ) and I'll yodel to let him know I have found the miscreant. I haven't been carted away in a straitjacket ye.......

minkee

Post by minkee »

I've started volunteering at guides, and they were all lined up for a photo. I had to back up to fit them in the frame and as I did I held out my flat palm towards them saying "Waaiitt, waiiit" :lol:

And I don't think this one counts, but it's funny nonetheless - I was watching a TV programme with Scout lying across me. Someone fell over and speared themselves in the gut, and as I gasped in shock I put my hands over Scout's eyes because it's too grizzly for her to see :lol: