The Funnies Thread...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sweetie's Human

Re: The Funnies Thread...

Post by Sweetie's Human »

:lol:

Photo taken at your place Swanny? :lol:
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Swanny,

Yes, that is exactly how our Sandy would do it. He tries to attack any dog he sees especially if the dog is on "his" property. I hate to say it, but soon after we got Sandy, my husband would jog with him around the block (before knee and sciatica problems). Well, OH lost the leash, and they ran into a woman walking her full grown husky. Well, according to OH, Sandy proceded to attack runing under the husky, nipping him, then running back, like he was in the boxing ring. The husky wast wuick enough to respond. Finally, OH got the leash and apologized to the owner who he said was amazed at the spunkieness of Sandy and his quickness.

At least, the husky didnt respond or Sandy would have been seriously injured. We learned a valuable lesson after that.

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

http://familypet.com/weve-officially-fo ... ideo-ever/
Pee flavoured sprinkles.. Checking for gremlins..A vAgina will reveal itself :lol: :lol: :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

:lol:

This is so well timed - we have just rearranged the bathroom fortifications so Jasper can't get into the airing cupboard and eat Monty's food. This means that we could stop using the stairgate to the bathroom, which would mean that he can get to Monty's litter tray. This struck me as a good deal - Monty gets to eat his food, Jasper gets to eat 'special snacks', and I don't have to remove stinky cat poo from the litter tray.

But OH has vetoed the idea - why, I ask you :?: :?: :?:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Swanny1790

Post by Swanny1790 »

Who says Alaskan huskies are hard to train?

"Once infected with the mushing virus, there is no cure. There is only trail." - Sven Engholm
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

That is WONDERFUL :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Swanny,

I love it! Fits Sandy, too, at times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, you have how many puppies to train? :wink:

Diane
Swanny1790

Post by Swanny1790 »

This Chad Carpenter cartoon comes up from time to time on FB. It always reminds me of a little lead dog, owned by a friend and the lady who so graciously taught me how to drive a team of lead dogs. Maui, bless her little 35# heart, was a super gee/haw leader with only 1 little flaw. She could NOT resist chasing squirrels.

One day I had a team of 6, with Maui in lead, running down a nicely groomed stretch of trail. I saw a squirrel frozen in the trail ahead, and truly thought it was ill or something as it did not move until the last possible nanosecond. The squirrel finally bolted off the trail and up a tree with Maui in hot pursuit. Before I could even touch the brake Maui was well up in the tree with her co-leader and both swing dogs dangling in their harnesses just below and only the wheel dogs solidly on the ground. Getting those dogs out of the tree and untangled was quite an adventure.

So a tip of the hat to little Maui....
"Once infected with the mushing virus, there is no cure. There is only trail." - Sven Engholm
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Swanny, I would have paid good money to have seen that :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Oh dear :lol: naughty squiggle!

MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Oh wow! And I think Sky is bad in her tendency to dive towards the canal in pursuit of ducks or geese on the water. She is also an avid squirrel and cat chaser, but only climbs trees to the extent of jumping up and down on her hind legs with her forelegs reaching as far up the tree trunk as possible.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Swanny1790

Post by Swanny1790 »

I probably should mention that my friend's dogs are limited class sprint racers, and all 6 were at the prime of their racing careers. When Maui took them off the trail and up the tree we were moving along somewhere between 18 and 20 mph (29 - 32 kph). It happened SO fast, I'm not even sure how Maui got so high up the darned spindly little spruce tree, let alone how she dragged so many of her team mates with her. Frankly, I was pretty busy just trying to avoid sudden death.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Definitely one to put in your memoirs, Swanny :lol:

Swanny1790

Post by Swanny1790 »

Here's one for Sandy.

DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Swanny,

Exactly what the dogs and others are saying at the hotels/motels. He just smells another dog, and runs to the door barking. :lol:

Someone at the Quality in Banogr, Maine where we stayed befoe leaving has a small dog, chinese mix. Forgot which one, but he said his dog has been known to attack others. But, after his last fight with a big dog, he now runs the other direction.

The owner (Canadian from St. Johns, New Brunswick said he ran into a man with a German Shepherd who is scared of small dogs. The shepherd had been attacked a few times by small dogs, probably chihuahuas. :shock:

Who knew when we got Sandy what a toughy we had. We have to protect him for his own good. :wink:

Diane