carpet cleaning after accident

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

D

carpet cleaning after accident

Post by D »

Does any one have any handy ticks for cleaning carpets?
I can home the other day to find Bella had developed the runs and had had to go, unfortunatly she went in the spare bed room which contains a new cream carpet :cry: . There is now a large brown stain that I cant remove, I was wondering if any one knew of any clever tricks for cleaning this up that I haen't thought of, I've tried the usual vanish carpet cleaners.

Dog is seems to be doing better through on her diet of steamed chicken and boiled rice, although I feel so crule as she seems to be hungery all the time.
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Bio detergent any good?
D

Post by D »

Haven't tried that one yet. Thanks :D
vass1974

Post by vass1974 »

Hydrogen Peroxide, the kind you buy to clean cuts. It removes pet stains without discoloring the carpet.
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

How about a nice little rug? :lol:
CockerCharlie

Post by CockerCharlie »

We have found a wonderful cleaner called 1001 we brought it from asda and is gr8 our little puppy had the runs and it worked wonders on our light coloured carpet.
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Better still is a carpet shampooer. I bought a vax off ebay for £50 and it shifts pretty much everything. An essential item for a dog owner IMHO.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

When we bought our Ethel, the first thing I did weas go and get a Vax spot and stain remover. Its like one of those dirt devil things so hand held, but its a carpet cleaner.
If the stains been there for any length of time, try Persil wash liquid, poor it on ( not too much though or you will end up with oodles of suds when you starts scrubbing) leave for a minute or 2, then get a floor brush ( the little hand held scrubbing brushes) and start scrubbing. You will ahve to rince it off well though. You could allways try hiring a carpet cleaner afterwards and just rince off.

Hope it works, maggie
Spinktygirl

Post by Spinktygirl »

Hi,

Couple of tips for carpet cleaning -

1) Try really hard not to scrub at a carpet you'll just destroy the pile and that part of the carpet could always look flat. Try to just blot the stain up using water and paper/kitchen towels etc but try not to drench the carpet as this could cause shrinkage.

2)Be careful using stain removers as some can (not all and not always) 'set' the stain.
Hope that helps a little.

(Worked as secretary at carpet cleaning company for 5yrs and picked up a few tips)
charly23

Re: carpet cleaning after accident

Post by charly23 »

D wrote:Does any one have any handy ticks for cleaning carpets?
I can home the other day to find Bella had developed the runs and had had to go, unfortunatly she went in the spare bed room which contains a new cream carpet :cry: . There is now a large brown stain that I cant remove, I was wondering if any one knew of any clever tricks for cleaning this up that I haen't thought of, I've tried the usual vanish carpet cleaning in kelowna.

Dog is seems to be doing better through on her diet of steamed chicken and boiled rice, although I feel so crule as she seems to be hungery all the time.
Hello,

For disengaged stains, it's constantly best to get them up at the earliest opportunity before they truly dry into the cover material. Keep in mind, don't be enticed to wipe any stains – smear them rather to keep the stain from smirching or going further into the cover. While you can spot clean utilizing a cleanser, it's likewise worth attempting these convenient stain remover traps, as well, contingent upon the wellspring of the stain:

For sticky stains like gum, solidify it utilizing an ice 3D shape before prying it off.

For rotten stains, blend equivalent amounts of vinegar and warm water and apply to the range with a fabric.