What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I'm feeling gutted for a friend :( She and her OH are devoted to their dogs. They always have lurchers, but the GSD x lurcher, L, they adopted a few years ago turned out to be more GSD than lurcher once she'd been on some decent food for a while. The female friend, C, had said that L was her 'heart dog', her 'spirit animal', of the many dogs they've had. And now she's been diagnosed with liver cancer which has spread to the lungs. After a consult with Fitzwilliam Oncology she's going to have an operation which hopefully will give her a few months of good-quality life. They must be going through such heartbreak and pain :oops:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Doesn't matter how many times we go through it - it's always awful.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

So sorry to hear that :(. It never gets easier, but at least you always have your memories.

I think Merlin's ear infection has destroyed his centre of gravity. He was Mr Clumsy today on his walk. Weirdly since we've been putting these new ear drops in it seems to have gotten worse. He's shaking his head lots, sleeping loads, and is just generally miserable. He perked up on his walk, which was nice to see, but then went back to being miserable once home. Hope these drops clear it up. You can tell which ear it is in the vid, even when he's playing (and being super clumsy about it) he has the bad ear down. Thinking maybe his upset stomach is due to his ear, since I know you can feel sick when you have an infection. :(

https://youtu.be/QIXexDiUohY
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

If there's gunk in his ear, the drops might be making it swell a little and therefore feeling more uncomfortable?
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

JudyN wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 pm If there's gunk in his ear, the drops might be making it swell a little and therefore feeling more uncomfortable?
No idea, these were given to us by the vets so we're going to do the full course. Hope it is a 'get worse before it gets better' type deal.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

if the infection is going all the way to his inner ear that 100% would make him dizzy and wack off his balance
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Shalista wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm if the infection is going all the way to his inner ear that 100% would make him dizzy and wack off his balance
Well he's definately clumsy lately whatever the cause. He tripped over himself whilst paddling in a lake and ended up on his arse. :lol:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

Not been on in a while if been very busy moving , i sold my home and brought a beautiful 3bed bungalow so that my mom will be more comfortable as she was struggling to get up and down the stairs and a stairlift would not fit so moving was the best option, Sampson has fully recovered now from when he was attacked and him and Lara are thick as thieves :lol: they get on very well and Lara has settled in now and life just feels so happy and complete, to top it all off one of my new neighbours has only just gotten a puppy a female leonberger , she's gorgeous :D , the only worried if had was my Tinnitus which became really loud and started affecting my mood and started feeling really low but Sampson and Lara have helped loads in getting me to be more occupied which is also a plus for them too.

I'm also looking forward to Friday as Avengers infinity war is finally in cinemas this week so I'm super excited , anyone else going to see it in cinemas?
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Lovely to hear Lara and Sampson are getting along! I demand pictures. :lol:

I am going to see Infinity Wars, and me and the OH have been watching every MCU film again in order in preparation. Ant Man tonight. :lol:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

eeee so excited! i hope theres tons of wakanda, i loved black panther!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I'm soooooooo excited I can't wait to see Thanos on screen, finally :lol: , the final battle scence is in wakanda and the fight scene in wakanda apparently is a 25min fight scene in wakanda.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

The premiere was last night here's the first reactions to the film , this is a non spoiler artical so it safe to read

http://www.nme.com/news/film/avengers-i ... ns-2301420
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I actually found Black Panther to be really boring. :oops: I think because I went in expecting a fun marvel film after Ragnarok and it ended up being far too serious.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

@lotsa thats actually kidna why i liked it? like it didn't really feel like a marvel movie. the world building was beautiful and i liekd the characters but it didnt really feel liek the others.