You know you are a dog geek when..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jacksdad

Re: You know you are a dog geek when..

Post by jacksdad »

lucyandbella wrote:You drive the long way home when your dogs are with you because there are better sights and smells. And when you get to the dairy farm if nobody is behind you, you drive really slow with the windows down because your dogs love looking at the cows and breathing in the smell of manure.
LOL

I actually do a variation of this for my dog. don't have dairy farms though.
gwd

Post by gwd »

jacksdad wrote:
lucyandbella wrote:You drive the long way home when your dogs are with you because there are better sights and smells. And when you get to the dairy farm if nobody is behind you, you drive really slow with the windows down because your dogs love looking at the cows and breathing in the smell of manure.
LOL

I actually do a variation of this for my dog. don't have dairy farms though.
You leave the bathroom door open and don't turn on the fan? :shock:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

ROFL.... no but I bet jack has read your suggestion by now and will be discussing it with me later today.

there are a couple of drives I do solely so Jack and hang his head out the window and sniff away if he wants. I just don't have any dairy farms to pass. I do have a "smelly" down town, the beach and a drive through some redwoods that he enjoys.
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

... when you watch this clip over and over. Thought it was pretty well done and the location is on my to-do list for a few months time when it's warmer. Stay happy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DePFiF-nNoE
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When you really really really want to tell your dog that you're off to Granny's later, but know you mustn't as he won't understand 'later' and will rush around the house looking for her :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
bendog

Post by bendog »

When you sit watching rubbish TV because the dog is asleep on the remote so you can't change channel :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

When your ancient dog has decided the best place to lie is IN the tiny bathroom in your house and because he is so very old and looks comfy, you awkwardly step over him and decide you can manage to pee without waking him up!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

bendog wrote:When you sit watching rubbish TV because the dog is asleep on the remote so you can't change channel :lol:
Amy,

In our house, we have to have access to the remote. We have to be constantly on the look out for any animals on TV, to change the channel immediatly or the dog runs and jumps at the TV.

And I guess we are dog geeks that even when we are watching TV in the bedroom without the dog, we often forget and change the channel or turn down the sound if an animal comes on the TV, thinking we don't want to disturb the dog in the other room. Even when I am watching and listening with headset on, my first thought is dont want Sandy to hear the dog. :roll:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When your son says he's going to throw out some trousers that don't fit well and you ask if they're suitable for rehoming.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

:lol:

I thought you were going to say 'suitable for lining the dog bed' then I remembered Jasper's lush dog bed.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

You mean the one he's lying next to right now because he prefers the carpet.... or the upstairs one, which he also sleeps next to :evil:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

... when you're reading a forum discussion about ghosts, someone who has shared a house (allegedly) with several says,
If they move something put it back where you want it-let them know you are the one in charge now
and you immediately think 'Oh no, not more of that dominance "show 'em who's boss" crap' :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

JudyN wrote:... when you're reading a forum discussion about ghosts, someone who has shared a house (allegedly) with several says,
If they move something put it back where you want it-let them know you are the one in charge now
and you immediately think 'Oh no, not more of that dominance "show 'em who's boss" crap' :lol:

A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

When you don't have any pockets in your clothes so you think it's perfectly fine to keep dog treats in your bra :mrgreen: :lol:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When your other half is watching a film in which Brad Pitt plays a Romany and you don't pay any attention when he takes his shirt off, but put your glasses on when he gets his lurchers out (that's not a euphemism in case you were wondering :wink: ).