Kitties!!!

For the past couple of days, we've been fostering 3 adorable little spring kittens until they get adopted. We've been feeding them, doing some light socialization and generally loving on them, and my daughter is nearly beside herself with joy. Meanwhile, Sadie and Jasmine have become inordinately alert at all times (we keep the kitties in a separated saferoom far from the dogs), especially when they get a chance to listen to the baby squeals and smell the fresh kitty smells.

Fun stuff....

1. Pat Flanagan

May 9th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

This is great that you are fostering the kittens but why keep the dogs away from them? I have always had both cats and dogs. With the exception of the pit bull everyone gets along wonderfully.

2. Matt

May 9th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I had a friend bring over 6 week old kittens one time, the dogs were great, but the ferrets I had at the time tried to take the kittens away to their treasure holes and claim them as their babies, was quite cute seeing the kitties dragged off by ferrets, everyone was nice, the ferrets just wanted to keep them somewhere safe. The kittens were not amused.

3. Marie

May 9th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Adorable sweet kitties! I've done that in the past and Sadie looks just like my Sophie!
    Marie

4. Ginny Gantz

May 9th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I'm fostering 3 smittens also...It's funny how at about 3 months old they each have their own personalities....Two years ago my sister-in-law found 5 one week old orphans (Mother was hit by car) and didn't know how to handle them....Well guess who got them to bottle feed and get them ready for adoption...they ended up keeping one. Anyway I have been a small dog foster mom for over 10 years and help rehome other pets. My friends started the first no-kill cat adoption center in Lancaster County, PA and now I'm helping them with Kittens......I also started a new facebook page in Feb 2013 called "Reuniting Pets of PA with Owners" so people in our state had a place to post pics and information about lost and found pets. It's surprising how many are willing to help reunite lost loved ones with their families.

5. Katie

May 9th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I keep my baby foster kittens separated too for a while. My dog is 70 pounds and accidentally stepped on one once, causing a very expensive er vet trip. He didn't mean to, but now i separate them until the kittens are a bit more sturdy. :-)

6. Linda

May 10th, 2013 at 5:50 am

I am fostered a mama and her five babies. Now they are up for adoption except for one who is still too small. They are so much fun, but my dog whines and cries to get to the cats

7. Carla McLachlan

May 11th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

You are so amazing to take on the adoption. What lucky kitties, just don't know how you are going to let them go again.